Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ging La? [really?]

ging ging. (ya)

I'm sitting in the airport in Bangkok and I'm sad because in a few hours I will have officially left Thailand.

I knew going into this trip that the first week would go by kind of slow and then when the end came it would feel like everything went by super quick. What I didn't know was how much I would miss everyone the minute I was by myself. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to see everyone at home, I miss them a ton too. But earlier I was sitting in the airport in Chiang Mai, playing cards with three of my friends and I did not want to leave.

It was a really weird feeling to become attached to people so strongly and in a very short amount of time. I know that I have started some lifelong friendships this past month but it's weird to think that these new friends I will probably never see again in person.

God has showed me a lot this month and some of that was just through goofy around with my friends. God can bring people together from all over the world, despite language and time, and make them feel like a family. I talked about this in my english camp post and I've still been thinking about it. Last night was our friday night party at the Centre. So of course we had a fourth of july party. But since it was my last friday night I was luckily chosen to give my testimony.

Giving my testimony was awesome but what was really cool was after that, they had me stay up front and people came and said things to me to encourage me. I had western staff, thai staff, and some students say things to me. And let me tell you if you ever think you don't make a difference that is wrong. People who I barely got to talk to even came up. It was a really awesome time. And as much as I am sarcastic about being so cool I really don't think so until people tell me to my face. It always makes me really humble because I think, "I don't know why people think I'm cool or want to hang out with me, I'm just an ordinary girl." But it's encouraging and I appreciate it more than I can say.

Thanks for reading my blogs while I have been in Thailand. Thank you for supporting me in prayer and financially. This trip really has impacted my life, and I hope I will be able to share with some of you in person.

love.

No comments: