Monday, July 21, 2008

God's Voice

This last week I went to Hume lake Christian camps with the middle school group from venture. And it had to be one of the most tiring weeks I have ever had. I can't really blame it on jetlag although I had only been back in the country for a week before we left. But I can say that I was not prepared for the week at all, physically or spiritually. So I prayed, a lot, and then some more. Hume is always tiring just because of the tight scheduling they have, but I was also challenged with some students. I love the girls I had but it wasn't easy. By Thursday night in chapel I was completely empty. During the worship that night I felt like I had nothing left to give and so I told God it was up to Him. I knew He was going to do something amazing that week. And I knew by me being done it would be easier for Him to use me.

Well He didn't disappoint. Friday during free time the main girl I was praying for was asking me what to do after you put your trust in God, Which kind of caught me off guard. She was like "oh ya did I tell you that. I'm trusting Him with my life now." I was so suprised but also really excited because this came from the girl who said she would never be able to belive in God. Then later that night she stood up in front of everyone making the commitment to follow God. And when I was talking to her after that she shared this story with me...

That night in chapel she was praying, something she had never done before, for her favorite song to be played during the worship set. It came on last and she was sitting down with her head down. Then she heard a voice in her head saying, " Here I am. Here I am." Over and over again. When I asked her about it she said it sounded like her own voice but it was words she would never say and it was an overwhelming voice that she could not make go away.

I was so amazed that God had talked to her verbally and I when I shared with her that those exact words are in he Bible and that God calls himself I Am she just about freaked out. It was an amazing experience for her and for me just to be able to hear from her and tell her it was God speaking to her.

So none the less it was a difficult week but completely worth it.

God is good.

2 comments:

rob's thoughtful spot said...

that's awesome brooke-
great job!

rob's thoughtful spot said...

I made the blogroll! yes!