Monday, June 30, 2008

Ron Cha Dai [it's so hot i will die]

So I just got back from English Camp this weekend. It was so hot I was literally sweating the entire time unless I was in the shower.
Now when I say shower I mean standing in the bathroom and pouring water over my head. Talk about a cultural experience. This is not the way that all shower are here, they do have normal showers, it was just the camp site we were at. But besides the heat the whole weekend was pretty amazing.
The staff had been praying for this weekend for a long time and I got to join in with them in their prayer these few weeks I was here before going to camp. God was so present at this camp it was amazing. Just the way the whole group felt like one big family and all the students that did not know God could just tell that it was a good place to be. They felt comfortable and really were open and honest with the staff about what they thought about God and being a christian.
During the weekend we got paired up with buddies and as a i prayed for my buddy God definitely answered my prayer. I wanted her to just know that God is real and that He loves her and that we love her. It is very difficult for Thai students to accept being a christian because it is a complete lifestyle change for them and everyone they know usually including their family are Buddhist. This makes it very difficult for them. But my prayer was that these students would have such a conviction and just know that God is love and truth, that they would not be able to say no to him and to christianity.
There were a lot of students that asked Jesus into their hearts this weekend but it's still a process for them to realize what it means to be a christian and even be ready to go to church. But the great thing about this camp is that it is through the Centre and so we get to keep up with these relationships and continue to talk to the students about God.
I now only have one more week here in Thailand and it definitely went by way too quickly. But I will be glad to get home and rest a bit before heading out to Hume Lake with the middle schoolers.

Oh, and I do have pictures I'm sorry I haven't added them to my facebook in a while but I will work on that in the next couple days.

1 comment: