Sunday, June 22, 2008

Attithan [prayer]

So week one is done. I've completed my first week of classes and first full week at the Centre. It went by so quick. I really love my class, the students are so fun and really nice. Students in Thailand are so much better than students in the states they really respect their teachers and they are helpful. It's so great, the first day in class I opened the windows and turned on the fans because we are in Thailand and it's extremely hot, and the rest of the week I would come into the classroom and the windows were open and the fans on already. I love my students. Haha, and not only that but they turn the fans off and shut the windows when class is over, it's so great.

But with the first week came a lot of prayer. At the centre we have meetings everyday from 1-2, then we hang out and get ready for class from 2-5, from 5-6 I have my class and then from 6-7 I hang out at the coffee level (floor of the house with the coffee shop) and hang out with students and help Krista, our barista if you will.

My class has been going really well although the attendance is spotty. So I have been praying for my students to show up and also to hang around at the Centre after class. The Centre strives to build relationships with the students in order to share about Jesus with them. So I was praying for my students to hang around the Centre after class and that day one of my students said she wanted to stay, so she could practice her english, but I was still so excited.

Also at the Centre they have Cooking Night on Wednesdays and Friday Night Parties. Wednesday was fun we had pesto chicken pasta, Thai style. It was fun being able to just hang out with some of the students in a non-classroom setting. And on friday night the party theme was The Flinstones. For that we played some games and then had one of the staff share her testimony. It was really cool to see all the students focused on what she was saying.

I know a lot of people have been praying for me and I appreciate it so much I can really tell that my trip is going so smoothly because of all your prayer. Thank you so much. Please continue to pray for me and my students, I would love to see them become a part of the Centre more fully and make friends there so when I leave they will stay and hang around.

2 comments:

Betsy Lin said...

Thanks for the comment brooke! The encouragement means so much more then you know. I continue to think about you way over on the other side of world- amazing. I will pray that God allows your ears to listen, so that you may speak wisdom and truth for these young people. God is faithful to those who are obedient- in such amazing ways!
Keep you head up- continue chasing Gods heart, and may God pull you to His side and lead you!

rob's thoughtful spot said...

I read this to the students on sunday and they think that you like thailand students better. anyhow, we pray for you every time we meet. be safe!