Saturday, November 28, 2009

Broken Toe

Well i just realized by titling this "Broken Toe" some may think that I broke my toe. No this is not the case. I titled it this because to say "Good Morning" in Hebrew, it sounds like broken toe. Our guide in our bus was joking with us saying we could just say broken toe to Israelis and they would never know the difference.

Anyways, I said there would be more so here it is. I have done so much more since the Sea of Galilee it's incredible. The last blog I wrote I was going to be baptized in the Jordan River and I have now done so, and let me tell you it is good that I'm used to Santa Cruz water. The Jordan River is freezing. It was so cold but definitely worth it, to experience the same thing Jesus did was awesome. When in doubt of a good adjective I always go with awesome. So I was baptized again, and I saw all the cities around the Sea of Galilee that are talked about in the Bible. I decided to go back and read again one of the gospels to read about the places we were at and it really did change the way I read. The parts of the stories that speak about where things are happening which I think get skipped over a lot by us and we focus on the event of the story, was suddenly very evident because I could picture in my head (because I had just been there) the exact place it says in the Bible that these events happened.

Well after leaving Jesus Land, or the Sea of Galilee, we went back to Jerusalem to stay in the Olive Tree Hotel again. Here we have been to so many more places and it's late and I don't have my notes out so I'll just mention a few. But we went to the Garden of Gesthamane, Mt. of Olives, the Wailing Wall (again), Caiphas' House, and Bethlehem. And really a lot more but I'm tired and can't think of them. We go to about 3-4 different places everyday so my brain is jam packed with information and pictures of sites. There are so many more things I could say but I want to have something to talk to everyone about when I get back. haha so that will be it for this blog and there may be another one before I leave but I'm not sure what time I'll have.

Thanks for reading them and I'm sorry I don't have pictures with this one I haven't uploaded them from my camera yet. But after I get home they will all be online in a short time hopefully. Thanks again

love.
Brooke

No comments: